Roundtable on Access to Remedy in the Nordics
Welcome to a roundtable meeting hosted by ETI Sweden to learn and discuss grievance mechanisms and access to remedy. The meeting focuses especially on exploitation of migrant workers in local supply chains in the Nordics. The event will be held in English and under Chatham House Rules.
ABOUT THE ROUNDTABLE
When: 6 March 2024 12:00-16:30
Where: The Park, Magnus Ladulåsgatan 1, Stockholm
Objectives of the event
- Sharing participants’ experiences and examples on remedy and grievance mechanisms.
- Learning about best practices in remedy and what current and upcoming legislation says about remedy and grievance mechanisms.
- Deepening participants’ understanding of access to remedy and grievance mechanisms, especially in cases of labour exploitation in the Nordics.
Company representatives and stakeholders working with sustainability, supply chains and/or human rights due diligence.
Please note that we expect active participation during the event.
Please register by February 26th for the event.
13.00 Setting the scene: labour exploitation and access to remedy in the Nordics, with a focus on Sweden.
13.40 What does effective remedy look like?
– Josefine Johansson, Fackligt Center för papperslösa
– Björn Claeson, Electronics Watch
14.30 Coffee Break
15.00 Access to remedy in practice – discussion & group work
16.00 Wrapping up: how to go forward?
Project on remedy in the Nordics
The meeting is organised under a project “Safety for all? Remedy for exploited workers in the Nordic region”. The project is funded by the Council of the Baltic Sea States (CBSS) Project Support Facility (PSF) and implemented in collaboration with The European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control (HEUNI) and King Institute.
More information about the project: https://heuni.fi/-/safety-for-all#0f793b07.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.